Frequently asked questions

Will I get my Vector Entrust dividend?

Provided that you meet the eligibility criteria specified by the Entrust, then you will remain eligible for your rebate as a Property Power customer.

There are some buildings that do not qualify for the dividend because they are not connected to the Vector network, these include:

  • The Orange
  • Metropolis Apartments
  • Princes Wharf Apartments
  • Q City Apartments, 15 City Rd
  • The Docks, 6 Dockside Lane
  • Unitec (1 Carrington Road)
  • Quest on Ponsonby

To check your eligibility for the Entrust Dividend follow this link:

How can I pay my bill?

We prefer that our customers pay by direct debit, as this generally ensures that you will get your prompt payment discount.

You can also pay by direct credit (internet banking) and by credit card (fee applies)

What if I have medical reasons to need power?

If you or someone you’re living with:

  • Is dependent on mains electricity for critical medical support (for example, for the use of medical equipment); and
  • The loss of electricity could result in loss of life or serious harm…it’s important that you get in touch and let us know.

If you think you are medically dependent please call us on 0800 176 937

What are fixed Energy Rates?

Energy Rates are the portion of your bill that relate to the electricity you use. These rates are determined by Property Power. Where we have committed to fixed energy rates, we we will not increase the charges on this portion of your bill for a set period of time.

There are also transmission and distribution charges on your bill. These are determined by your local lines company. Property Power may pass through changes in these costs unless we specifically state otherwise.

What if I am moving house?

No worries, we can sort out the power at your new property. There are no fees for moving. Please call us on 0800 176 937 prior to moving and we will sort out the details.

What if I am having trouble paying?

Please call us on 0800 176 937 to discuss your situation. We can organise payment plans for our customers that are struggling to pay.

Do you support Solar customers?

Solar customers are welcome to join, but we do not offer a buy-back rate for exported electricity at this stage.

How do I make a complaint

If you are unhappy, please get in touch. We’ll do everything we can to fix any problems you may have. All you have to do is call us on 0800 176 937.

We will do our best to resolve your issue over the phone. If for any reason you feel your problem has not been sorted this way, there are further steps you can take.

You may also make a formal complaint in writing to.

Crockers Property Power
525 Manukau Road
Auckland 1023

What happens:

  1. We will acknowledge your complaint within two working days, confirming that we’ve received it and provide the name of the person handling your problem.
  2. Within seven working days, you will receive an update on the progress, either by phone or via a written explanation.

Other Options:

If you are dissatisfied with our response to your complaint, or if we have taken longer than 20 working days to resolve your complaint you have the right to take your complaint to the Electricity and Gas Complaints Commissioner (EGCC). The EGCC is a free and independent disputes service and can be contacted as follows:

Phone: 0800 223 340

Electricity and Gas Complaints Commission
Freepost 192682
PO Box 5875
Lambton Quay
Wellington 6145

Nothing in this process reduces or takes away any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, or your right to make a claim to a court or disputes tribunal, or your right to refer your complaint to the Electricity and Gas Complaints Commissioner at any time.

Bill Disputes:
If you make a complaint disputing any amount on your bill, we won’t disconnect your supply for not paying the disputed amount while we are investigating your complaint.